Fun fact: the human body contains enough bones to make an entire skeleton.
Also the equator is long enough that it’ll wrap around the world exactly once.
Follow for more fun science facts.
(Source: cloysterbell, via oeblaze)
@12 hours ago with 200433 notes
@20 hours ago with 39314 notes
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
I own a opossum and he’s the coolest motherfucker around okay.
He actually becomes apologetic if he accidentally bites your finger going for a mealworm.
I would also like to add that as marsupials, they’re fuckin smart.
Being a short tailed opossum, Quintin looks like a rodent, but he’s VASTLY more intelligent and comprehends WAY more than a rat/mouse/hamster ever would.
I MEAN HE ACTIVELY USES A LITTER BOX.
HE’S LIKE A TINY CAT.
Plus he likes to chill out in a pocket during the day.
So don’t be a dick. Opossums are sweet.
(Source: micromys, via erosive-soul)